At ropelocker, we are committed to protecting your privacy. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, the changes to Data Protection Law May 2018 and subsequent revisions thereof.
We collect information about you for these reasons:
- To process your order including payment authorisation and shipping of your order
- To provide you with the best possible service
The type of information we will collect about you includes:
- Your name
- Phone number (including mobile number)
- E-mail address
- Your credit/debit card details- telephone transactions only
We will never collect sensitive information about you without your explicit consent.
We sometimes share your personal data with trusted third parties. For example, delivery couriers, for fraud management and to handle complaints
Here’s the policy we apply to those organisations to keep your data safe and protect your privacy:
- We provide only the information they need to perform their specific services.
- They may only use your data for the exact purposes we specify in our contract with them.
- We work closely with them to ensure that your privacy is respected and protected at all times.
Examples of the kind of third parties we work with are:
- IT companies who support our website and other business systems.
- Operational companies such as delivery couriers.
- Direct marketing companies who help us manage our electronic communications with you.
- Google/Facebook to show you products that might interest you while you’re browsing the internet. This is based on either your marketing consent or your acceptance of cookies on our websites.
For fraud management, we may share information about fraudulent or potentially fraudulent activity in our premises or systems. This may include sharing data about individuals with law enforcement bodies.
We know how much data security matters to all our customers. With this in mind, we will treat your data with the utmost care and take all appropriate steps to protect it.
The personal information which we hold will be held securely in accordance with our internal security policy and English law. If we intend to transfer your information outside the EEA (European Economic Area) for uses other than order fulfilment, we will always obtain your consent first.
We secure access to all transactional areas of our websites and apps using ‘https’ technology.
Your credit/debit card details are never stored.
We may use technology to track the patterns of behaviour of registered and non-registered visitors to our site. This can include using a "cookie" which would be stored on your browser. You can usually modify your browser to prevent this happening (for example, using Internet Explorer select 'internet options' from the 'tools' menu, then click 'security', followed by 'custom level' and select 'disable cookies'). The information collected in this way can be used to identify you unless you modify your browser settings. We also aggregate this data to perform statistical analyses of the characteristics and behaviour of our registered users and non-registered visitors. Cookies are also used as a further means of ensuring private and secure purchase sessions are operated within the site.
Every time you connect to our website we store a log of your visit which shows the unique number your machine uses when it is connected to the internet (IP address). This tells us what you looked at; whether the page request was successful or not and which browser you use to view the pages. The use of this data is strictly for statistical purposes only. This helps us to understand which areas of the site are of particular interest and also which pages are not being requested. It also tells how many people are visiting the website in total.
Data collected during a promotion is typically shared with the sponsor or co-sponsor. We will inform you at the point of collection whether your personal data will be shared with others as a result of your participation and you will have the chance to opt-out prior to any data sharing.
We may amend this policy from time to time. If we make any substantial changes in the way we use your personal information we will notify you by email or an announcement on the website.
Revised May 22nd 2018