Manila Rope - Natural Fibre Rope
What is Manila Rope?
- Manila rope is a traditional, natural fibre rope made from the leaves of the Abaca plant.
- Thick Rope - available up to 60mm diameter (this rope usually measures 75mm in diameter)
- 100% natural, fully biodegradable, NO plastic
- The Abaca plant is native to the Phillipines, hence the rope is called Manila (capital of the Phillipines).
- Manila rope is available by the metre or by the coil (220m)
- Our rope is grade one manila rope. It has a great many uses and is great around the garden.
Because it is a natural fibre rope, manila rope (manilla) will shrink when wet and lengthen when dry so be sure to allow approx. 10% extra when you are measuring and ordering. The diameter of our manila rope is measured during the manufacturing process whilst the rope is under tension so the finished product often has a significantly larger diameter than stated. Call us if you need advice on which rope to choose.
Which rope should is use for tug of war?
36mm manila rope is suitable for use as a 'tug of war' rope. You would need about 35m to comply with federation standards. Our 24mm or 28mm manila rope is suitable for junior tug of war. We can make a full tug of war rope for you with all the relevant markers and sealed ends. Just give us a buzz to discuss.
Can I hire a tug of war rope?
Yes! Just click here to hire a tug of war rope for your event.
What is manila rope used for?
Landscaping projects where natural fibre is required
Decking Rope- will weather in appearance and degrade quicker than synthetic ropes
Large arena barrier rope
Ship rigging/canal boats
Kids Play Areas
Set design, props, retail display
and many more
Colours available: Natural dark brown
If you'd prefer a synthetic rope with a traditional appearance, click here to view our Hardy Hemp decking rope
How to buy Manila Rope:
- Select the length you need
- Choose the diameter you require
- Decide whether you need spliced ends on your rope
- Customise your rope by selecting the right end and left end options.
- Tell us how many ropes you require in the ‘add to cart’ box
- Checkout, then sit back and have a cuppa whilst we prepare your ropes
- Optional: Call us on 01626 906198 if you get stuck
During the manufacturing process, some oils are used in the machining of this product. These are used to lubricate the machinery and to strengthen and preserve the rope fibres. These oils may leave a residual smell on the rope which fades after a few days. We suggest that this rope is not used in areas where it may be ingested.